How can your organization use We Too Sing America?
• Make We Too Sing America part of your syllabus if you teach Ethnic Studies, American Studies, Asian American Studies, Political Science or Sociology courses.
Contact Deepa for a syllabus guide with discussion questions.
2. Non-Profit Organizations:
• Invite Deepa and the activists featured in We Too Sing America to speak your next conference, discussion, or leadership development program.
Does your organization run a youth leadership development program for South Asian, Muslim, Arab or Sikh youth? Deepa has an opportunity to provide donated books for participants. Contact her for more information!
3. Chapters & Professional Entities:
• Make We Too Sing America your book of choice in a book club,
using the questions at the end of the book to guide your conversations.
• Use the charts in the book to curate a conversation on
America’s changing racial demographics.
4. Campus Leaders & Student Organizations
We Too Sing America is for every college student interested in learning more about the past decade and a half in American race and immigration politics — and taking action on their campuses to raise awareness and create change. Your campus organization can become part of the W2SA Campus Network by:
• Adopting the book as part of a community conversation, dialogue, or discussion.
• Make the themes of the book part of your organization’s events, and invite Deepa or other activists in the book to speak and conduct workshops.
• Organize a Week of Action about race and multiracial solidarity on campus, and invite one of the young activists featured in the book to speak to campus leaders.
• Advocating with your Ethnic Studies, American Studies, and Asian American Studies programs to provide classes about emerging communities of color and immigrants, the post 9/11 climate, or immigration and race.